[DGD] 1.1.23

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun Aug 17 21:37:20 CEST 1997

In version 1.1.23 of DGD, callouts with a delay of 0 seconds are run as soon
as possible, rather than at the next second.  I think this will be the last
required preparation for multi-threading in the future: a thread can be
split up in several atomic parts, without introducing any delays.  For the
background on why it is desirable to split up a thread in smaller parts, see
http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~demos/dome.html .

Below I repeat my welcoming mail to the list, which may have been missed by
people who subscribed after.