[DGD] Re: Small note plus a draft FAQ

Gregory D Lewis glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Dec 23 23:40:47 CET 1997

> > For those using my mdbm or regex packages I will be uploading a new version
> > of each tonight.  No new functionality but fixes for static vs. dynamic
> > memory management which caused some serious problems in the old version.
> > Much thanks to Dworkin for the tutorial on DGD memory management :).
>
> I would like to see some kind of FAQ/tutorial on the driver some time.
> This would have to deal with (among other things) memory management :-)
> (remembering that weirdo bug that used to crash the mud every swapout)
>
> Regards,
>
> Serhat Sakarya

You'd probably have to choose the stable branch of development to develop
such an FAQ.  The other thing is that you'd probably have to be Dworkin to
write it correctly :).

The "weirdo bug that used to crash the mud every swapout" was exactly what
I was getting (odd, since with all my tests with the kernel mudlib and the
packages it never showed up...guess it just never swapped, or if it did it
didn't step on the corrupted bit of memory).

This is now fixed (for my packages at least :) and the new versions are on
my web page at http://www.enol.com/~asmith/drf/.

					regards, Greg
--
Greg Lewis                              Applied Maths Department
Email : glewis at maths.adelaide.edu.au    University of Adelaide