[DGD] Dworkin's Kernel library

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sat Dec 27 18:03:51 CET 1997

Kevin Carpenter <kevinc at kplace.monrou.com> wrote:
> All -
>
> Could anyone, per chance, expand on section 9 of Felix's Overview
> document?
>
>[...]
>
> When starting the driver, it initializes without error, but telneting
> to the port 6047 results in a refused connection.  Of course, renaming
> initd.c and restarting results in the normal default login prompt.
>
> Now I obviously didn't spend weeks trying things, but did put in an
> hour or three.  Admittedly, I have a cold, and my brain isn't totally
> functional.  Any help would be appreciated.

The Overview document is about DGD without networking package.  If you
hadn't been using the networking package, what you did would have worked.

With the networking package, you'll have to open the ports yourself:
from initd.c, clone PORT_OBJECT, and open the port as it would have been
done from driver::initialize().

Note that the driver object clones two port objects, which go unused
if initd.c exists.  This is an error that will be corrected in 1.1.29.