[DGD] Re: explode bug?

Wim van der Vegt wim.vandervegt at ouh.nl
Mon Oct 27 17:13:09 CET 1997

Hi all,

>Another thought may be an explode efun?

That might be a good thing to look for....

>I'm not sure quite how you are
>trying to get Heaven 7 to work under DGD, but assuming it involves a
largish
>auto object to emulate 3.2.1 or whatever, you may have efun'ed explode (I
>know MudOS allows one to choose from 3 different explode formats, so its
quite
>reasonable to suspect 3.2.1 and DGD have different formats as well, even if
>I can't find an explode efun in the 3.1.2 simulation).

I run the 'standard' 2.4.5sim underneath because heaven7 is very 2.4.5ish.
It runs already. I can login as a new user etc, but I still got various
problems:

1. A large number of prototypes didn't match the actual functions, some
functions/constructs are hard to understand (there's one call to regex, and
what i presume a lamba closure). I had to outcomment some code.
2. All files are saved as DOS files (CRLF's, so DGD stumbles on the
multiline defines unless i resave the files in unix format).
3. One of the core objects (player or living or someting like it) has more
than 255 functions and thus prototypes, which is above the dgd limit (so i
had to split the object into two parts, one inherits the other).
4. The objects saves are in a different format than dgd. Any translation
utilities around?
5. The major bug i have to trace down is that i'm not able to get anything
(the get object fails).
6. dgd doesn't allow symbols that start with a digit.

And the heaven7 version i'm looking at is the 3.0 alpha release.

---------
Wim van der Vegt / Dutch Open University