[DGD] Question about parse_string

Jason Cone jcone at cs.tamu.edu
Sun Apr 26 03:45:53 CEST 1998

Greetings.

Is there a way to force the parse_string() function to fail from within a
LPC function that's called from a production rule?  It's my understanding
that you can return a 0 and it'll just replace that segment of the parse
tree with 0.  As a general description of what I'm doing, I'm finally
getting around to implementing a verb parser and need a mechanism to check
for objects and replace the string reference (be it by name or filename)
with an object reference.  This works perfectly if the object exists.  If it
doesn't exist, however, I'd like to force the parse_string() to fail rather
than continue parsing the input.  Just seems like wasted computation to me.
Suggestions or instruction (if any) on how to achieve this?

--
  Jason H. Cone
  Dept. Computer Science
  jcone at cs.tamu.edu