[DGD] Re: DGD LPC (?)

Par Winzell zell at alyx.com
Sat Aug 1 18:56:03 CEST 1998

Howdy,

> I believe there was a post at some point stating that ({ }) could never
> equal ({ }) - this is because of references are used rather than the
> values themselves. Same applies to mappings.

Yes, a new array is created whenever the interpreter encounters ({ })
and reference comparison between two separate instances obviously fails.

However -- to be quite picky -- since assignment also uses references,
you -can- have ({ }) equal ({ }), sort of, since

is true... this is a pretty common LPC mistake too, that I see a lot of
wizards make on Muds, and understandably so, too... since LPC does hide
most yukky reference stuff well.

Pär