[DGD] Float to int conversion

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Mon Aug 24 21:06:05 CEST 1998

Wotcha,

Yesterday, I tried converting from float to integer and found that it
didn't work in the way expected at all.  I've not looked into it
thoroughly but I think it won't work the other way too.  Floats on floats
work perfectly fine, ditto for ints with ints.

So...  Is it because I am using a computer based on MC680x0 series which
uses little endian (I believe it's little) and so byte ordering for
integers is completely different?  If this is the case, could someone
using a BeBox or an Alpha check it out please?  Er, assuming PowerPC and
Alpha chips use little endian too (I believe they do)

Soz for posting whilst not having looked into it fully - My internet
access is kinda restricted for the next month so I have to post when I
can.

Will try plugging big endian numbers into it to see if it's what I suspect
tonite.

_O_O_  Elec Eng Dept, Loughborough University, UK.     kllo at iee.org