[DGD]Bug or just me?

Neil McBride n.mcbride at abm.com.au
Fri Dec 18 07:19:51 CET 1998

Hiyas,

I'm just curious if this is an incompatibility with the OS I'm using or
whether I'm doing something else completely wrong? When compiling DGD, I
end up with the following error: -

cp unix/random.c random.c
gcc -I. -I.. -O2 -DLINUX     -c random.c -o random.o
random.c:3: conflicting types for `random'
/usr/include/stdlib.h:218: previous declaration of `random'
make[1]: *** [random.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/casti/dgd/src/host'
make: *** [a.out] Error 2

The system is running rehat 5.x with kernel 2.0.35 and gcc 2.7.2.3. To
fix the problem, I simply edit the dgd/src/hosts/unix/random.c file and
comment out line 3 thus removing the problem. Am I doing something wrong
or is this some sort of bug?

Cheers,

Neil.