[DGD] Editor question

Jason Cone jcone at cs.tamu.edu
Sat Feb 21 04:45:38 CET 1998

Greets.

This is a rather minor question, but I thought I'd throw it out there
anyway.  Are there plans to incorporate line numbering into the on-line
editor?  I use off-line editors for the bulk of my editing, but for those
fixes that need to be done on the spot, I use 'ed'.  While it's an effective
editor, the lack of automatic line numbering makes simple tasks somewhat
arduous at times.  I hacked the code a while ago to do this, but I've since
lost the changes due to all the patches.  It wasn't that big of a deal to do
save dealing with the secondary buffers.  Anyway, it's a nit, but it would
be incredibly nice to have.  Thoughts?

$.02

||                         ||  "Hard work spotlights the character  ||
|| Jason H. Cone           ||   of people:  some turn up their      ||
|| Dept. Computer Science  ||   sleeves, some turn up their noses,  ||
|| Texas A&M University    ||   and some don't turn up at all."     ||
|| jcone at cs.tamu.edu       ||             - Sam Ewing               ||