[DGD] Re: Recompiling object trees

Jason Cone jcone at cs.tamu.edu
Sat Feb 21 20:10:21 CET 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: harte at xs4all.nl <harte at xs4all.nl>
To: dgd at imaginary.com <dgd at imaginary.com>
Date: Saturday, February 21, 1998 12:43 PM
Subject: [DGD] Re: Recompiling object trees

>Yes.  You'll need to track all dependencies, but most of all, if at all
>times you want to be able to -do- this, you need to separate clonables,

>inheritables, and other objects (such as rooms).
>
>[...explanation...]

Interesting.  I think I've found something to add to my to-do list.  One
could argue that it requires some overhead to keep track of these lists, but
if you precompile the objects in question it shouldn't be an issue.  Thanks
for the explanation. :)

jc

||                         ||  "Hard work spotlights the character  ||
|| Jason H. Cone           ||   of people:  some turn up their      ||
|| Dept. Computer Science  ||   sleeves, some turn up their noses,  ||
|| Texas A&M University    ||   and some don't turn up at all."     ||
|| jcone at cs.tamu.edu       ||             - Sam Ewing               ||