[DGD] Re: Problem recompiling dgd

Wim van der Vegt wvd_vegt at knoware.nl
Thu Jan 1 14:13:45 CET 1998

Hi,

>Nope; apparently it was Visual C++ suddenly deciding to mix up the scope
>of identifier names with that of typedef names.  ANSI C doesn't allow this;
>expect another service pack.

I already downloaded &  installed 3 of those... (now at 90Meg each).

>My suspicion about Microsoft's enchroachment on the namespace was quite
>reasonable, considering your report and the fact that they have done this
>before.

Right, it certainly seems like ms is heading for one (big) namespace.
Problem with the namespace is that you can't see them, so there's no way of
telling what really goes on under the hood. And ms likes decorating it in
it's own style too.

Btw does VC 4.2 have this problem too, or is it version 5 specific again?