[DGD] Mudlib

Erlend Simonsen erlesimo at online.no
Wed Jan 28 16:37:35 CET 1998

The last couple of months, I've been coding away on a mudlib. Things
have progressed pretty fast, since I was in between jobs, and had
nothing better to do. Next week, I'll start working full time again,
and I know my lib coding will slow down a lot.

So I was wondering, since I was planning to release this mudlib when
it was 'complete', should I clean it up and make it available or
should I wait until it is really finished?

The feature list so far:
      Rooms
      Items
      Objects
      Wearable objects
      Wieldable objects
      FTP daemon
      Channels
      Intermud-3 support
      Monsters
      Actions
      Triggers
      Ability to 'possess' a monster body
      Storage rooms
      Message boards
      Local mud time
      Races
      Stats
      Inventories
      ANSI colors
      Emotes
      Fake items
      Event system
      Complete set of Wizard commands
      Aliases
      Paths
      Environment variables

and probably some more stuff I've forgotten. :-)

Is there any interest for a new mudlib, other than Melville and
Kernel-Lib to play with?

Another option is to continue developing the lib, but allowing other
people to join in on the project. So far I've been the only coder, but
since I don't have that much spare time from now on, things will move
extremely slow if I'm the only one coding this thing.

Oh, I almost forgot, if you want to check it out, telnet to
193.213.176.177 port 4000, and if you see me there (Fudge) I'll wiz
you.

Regards,
Fudge at Gurba
--