[DGD] Re: time fkun

Kevin Carpenter kevinc at kplace.monrou.com
Mon Jul 13 02:13:57 CEST 1998

LINUX was specified Felix, thats why I reported it.  This compiled
clean on my RedHat 4.2 system.  When I picked it up whole and moved
it to my RedHat 5.1 system is when the time() function broke, and
I needed to do the random redefinition.  Recompiling (relinking
probably would have done it) solved the time() issue.

Kevin C.

Felix A. Croes write:

> Kevin Carpenter <kevinc at kplace.monrou.com> wrote:
>
> > Recompiling DGD fixed the problem.
> >
> > One note, for the 1.0.50 kernel I'm using, the definition of
> > "random" needed to be changed in /src/host/random.c to
> > "extern INT random...".  There was a conflict between the definition
> > here and in stdlib.h.
>
> Or better yet, replace "NETBSD" with "LINUX" in the main Makefile
> and copy dgd/src/host/Makefile.sysv to dgd/src/host/Makefile.
> System V platforms, such as Linux, should not use random().
>
> Dworkin

Kevin Carpenter
Kevin's Home Page: http://kplace.monrou.com/kevinc
(Expressing his comments from home in St. Louis, where this message originated)