[DGD] Seeking place where I can get a bit more familiar with dgd

Tim Blommerde T.Blommerde at et.tudelft.nl
Thu Jun 25 15:28:29 CEST 1998

Greetings dgd people,

  Recently I've downloaded the latest (1.1p5) Dgd driver binary for win32
platforms and installed it on my machine. As someone who's only familiar
with the Amylaar driver and with the lib structure of 2.4.5 lib based
systems, I must admit I don't think I can get the best out of the Dgd driver
yet (*nominated for this years understatement of this mailing list*).
Therefore I'd like to find a place where I could get a bit more familiar
with the Dgd driver and its specific kfuns and so get a bit more familiar
with lib programming for a Dgd driver.
  I know this all sounds a bit demanding and rather strange, someone not
used to a driver and asking for a lib coding position and probably only
temporarily besides that, but I'd be really pleased if someone would take me
under his/her wings and guide me a bit through getting familiar with Dgd's
do's and don'ts. I can't say I'm a lpc guru, but I know my way around and
know enough about lpc not to crash a mud. You might wonder why I am so eager
to learn Dgd's specific structure, but that's because I've been planning to
start a new mud for quite some time and wanne use the dgd driver.
  So if you have the time and can use a coding slave for a (temporarily) lib
or coder position at your mud, please contact me. Please don't start flaming
me for asking maybe things I'm not qualified for, but I wanne learn Dgd's
specific structure, not lpc. I know lpc and am/have been wizard on Amylaar
and Mudos muds and if I wanted to learn lpc better, I wouldn't bother you
and would go someplace else.

Well, thanks for listening/reading and hope to hear from one of you in the
near future.
Thanks in advance and good luck to you all.

Tim Blommerde,
aka Puck Al'Rakham
aka Arvhatté, sage of the Realms of Dragg'ba