[DGD] Re: Net Security

Jason Cone jcone at cs.tamu.edu
Tue Mar 17 08:06:33 CET 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Cone <jcone at cs.tamu.edu>
To: dgd at imaginary.com <dgd at imaginary.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 17, 1998 12:53 AM
Subject: [DGD] Re: Net Security

LPC.

Heh.  After reading my response to this particular part, I must admit I
didn't read closely enough. ;)  True, you could develope a program that
could connect to the MUD.  However, to the extent of my knowledge, it's only
possible to have 2 open prots without the addition of the net package - MUD
port and an extra binary port.  I guess it's possible to have multiple
protocols connect to the same port, but that's poor design in my opinion.
Plus, the idea of having programs that are crucial to the functionality of
the MUDlib *external* to the MUDlib doesn't make a lot of sense to me
especially when it's possible to have them internal to the lib.

I apologize for the misinterpretation in the initial response.

--
  Jason H. Cone
  Dept. Computer Science
  jcone at cs.tamu.edu