[DGD] Re: Conditional inherits?

Kevin Carpenter kevinc at kplace.monrou.com
Tue Mar 24 20:18:44 CET 1998

Felix A. Croes write:

> Kevin Carpenter <kevinc at kplace.monrou.com> wrote:
> > Is there any way to conditionally inherit a program?
>
> Yes.  #include files are managed through the driver object, via the
> path_include() function.  All files automatically include the standard
> include file; in driver->path_include() you can redirect this to a
> different file for a specific set of objects.  That file can contain
> an inherit statement.

Thanks!

If I understand, since I don't want this to be voluntary, I could
use something like the configuration file standard include as a key,
conditionally including whatever I felt was appropriate for the
referenced file.

Is that the cleanest way?
--
Kevin Carpenter
(Expressing his comments from home in St. Louis, where this message originated)