[DGD] Re: LPC error

Neil McBride n.mcbride at abm.com.au
Thu Mar 26 01:04:13 CET 1998

Felix A. Croes wrote:

>  - at most 32 function arguments/local variables per function

The limitations that you listed seem fair enough to me. If an object gets to the
size where those limits are being pushed, then I can't thing of a reason not to
split it into multiple objects and inherit. However, the maximum of 32 local
variables per function concerns me somewhat. Granted the same principle may apply
here in that if a function is so big and complex that it needs more than 32 local
variables, it can possibly be split up. I imgaine there would be occasions though
where it would not be possible to carry that out and more than 32 local variables
may be required. I can't think of any examples of such a situation at the moment,
but I do know I have experienced such problems in the past with other drivers.

Is there any way that this can be increased should the need arise, or is it
planned to make this particular limitation (or any of the others mentioned)
configurable at some stage?

Neil.

--
Neil McBride