[DGD] Networking package

harte at xs4all.nl harte at xs4all.nl
Sun May 10 23:14:29 CEST 1998

Hi,

This afternoon I made a network-package for the experimental series of
DGD, version 1.1.42.  It can be found at the following place:

  <URL:http://www.xs4all.nl/~harte/net/patches/>

I've chosen not to follow Dworkin's changes with respect to his
implementation of send_datagram(), for two reasons:

  1. The network-package's version is more flexible.
  2. You can achieve the same effect with LPC-code if you want.

Also, I decided not to add the query_ip_name() because this too can be
done in LPC with the network-package. *grin* (Find yourself some RFCs
and get coding!  Really, I've done it myself, it's not that hard. :-)

Other than that, I'd like to point out that I can only really test the
code under Linux (Pentium, 2.0.33) and OSF1 (DEC Alpha), I have no
access to any other platforms or operating systems for development
purposes, so whether this really works for W95, NT, I have no idea. :-)

Enjoy!

Erwin/Nino.