[DGD] Re: Math kfuns

harte at xs4all.nl harte at xs4all.nl
Mon May 11 01:20:06 CEST 1998

Quoting Jason's message from 10 May:
| Greetings again.
|
| After looking at the source with the idea of implementing a math kfun
| package, I noticed that there's a whole slew of math functions which are
| effectively negated with a #if 0.  Why is this?  Is it safe to enable those
| functions?

My guess would be that as they would be implemented using whichever C
implementations are available at the current operating systems, which
may mean that their result (with respect to rounding and number of
decimals being used) cannot be guaranteed to be the same within DGD on
various platforms.

Erwin.