[DGD] rlimits() question

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Wed May 20 22:51:01 CEST 1998

Hello to all on the list,

I have been looking at DGD 1.1 (having last worked with 1.0.8)
and think I understand part of the rlimits() kfun. I believe
I understand how compile_rlimits and runtime_rlimits are used
to change the default limits for particular applications. The
question is, how does one establish those defaults in the first
place? I think that if one does nothing, the defaults are no
limits, and if one wants to establish limits, one puts the code:

   rlimits {
      stuff ;
   }

someplace that every function call will encounter it. The question
is, where does one put that? I imagine receive_message in the driver
would work for anything generated by the user, but call_outs I'm
less sure about. Do the rlimits that were in place when the call_out
was invoked continue to apply when the call_out runs?

Any advice or help appreciated...

Stephen Schmidt

A general who husbands his reserve until the day following a battle
is commonly, and deservedly, beaten.
					- Napoleon