[DGD] Out of curiosity...

Danne Solli dsi at xinit.se
Sun May 24 21:07:28 CEST 1998

I was playing with the idea of making a really fat Auto-object. Putting in
environment-functions, inventory handling, action handling, all possible
string and array functions (strstr, filter_array etc) and all other stuff I
want to have easy access to.

I am sure it is a bad idea, but exactly how bad is the idea resource-wise?

It won't add many more global variables to the file compared to an auto-object
with env/inv, actions and security, but an obscene amount of extra functions.

What would this cost me in terms of memory and performance?

(Yes I am lazy not to test this myself, but I hope someone has already tested
it, or that the omnipotent Dworkin already has some numbers/answers :)

Cheers,
Dan Solli