[DGD] Re: FTP

Jason Cone jcone at cs.tamu.edu
Fri Sep 11 06:10:52 CEST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Par Winzell <zell at alyx.com>
To: dgd at list.imaginary.com <dgd at list.imaginary.com>
Date: Thursday, September 10, 1998 9:41 PM
Subject: [DGD] Re: FTP

>Hacking network protocol implementations in LPC is fun, but that doesn't
>mean everybody should -have- to do it. Come on, folks, cough up. Cards
>on the table.
>Are there really several different DGD/Network-package implementations
>of the FTP protocol floating around? Where? Why? Are they proprietary?
>Embarassing? Undocumented? What?

Goodness.  Quite a conversation thread to come back to.  CornerStone has a
functional FTP daemon that sits atop the networking package and integrates
with the security/access daemons.  I won't claim sole responsibility for
writing it, though, as the base idea came from someone who totally slips my
mind.  If "you" are on this list, feel free to raise your hand. ;)
Anyway...

I have just now returned to the world of the Internet after a month or two
off and am also trying to graduate this semester.  I also have a development
partner that is wondering where the hell I am.  *grin*  That said, I will
"cough up" the FTP daemon in due time (in a few days as I get all my ducks
in a row).  More to come...

Qi