[DGD] Re: Strange clone_object behaviour

Ling K.L.Lo-94 at student.lboro.ac.uk
Sun Sep 13 13:22:48 CEST 1998

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Tim Blommerde wrote:
> Ps. Btw, are there a lot of people using the lib that comes with the dgd
> driver, or is everybody writing/has written their own version?  And if so,
> have you based it on the original lib, or used the 2.4.5 or Melville lib as
> a skeleton?

I used the Melville lib as a framework to do start off.  What I did in
short was to hardware commands like '1' and '2' to upgrade the auto and
driver objects so I can see the effects of any alterations without having
to reboot the driver (significant on my slow machine). Two days of weird
obscure hacking and plenty of driver restarts later, I obtained what I
wanted.  There's still some Melville bits left, the odd function and stuff
like that.

Another question re: upgrading objects.

When I upgrade the user object, current users only get upgraded when they
log out and back in.  Is it something to do with the fact that I have no
connection object as such?  (user & connection object are the same)

_O_O_  Elec Eng Dept, Loughborough University, UK.	kllo at iee.org