[DGD] Anybody got the time to help me a bit ?

Tim Blommerde T.Blommerde at et.tudelft.nl
Thu Sep 17 18:16:14 CEST 1998

Greetings honourable dgd people,

As I wrote in one of my previous mails, I am currently busy with writing a
ftp server for the standard dgd kernel lib.  Work's been munching up most of
my time, but none the less, I got my first working version, version 0.2.  It
ofcourse still is buggy and only supports but a few commands so far, but
that will hopefully change.  To be able to write a piece of code, not only
working on my own lib and to my own liking, I'd like a few other people to
have a look at the code and test it.  So if you have got the time and are
interested in a ftp server inside your lib and don't mind that it still is
in development and want to help the developer, please contact me.

The 0.2 version can be taken from my mud under anonymous login:
    poledra.coyote.org 2351

Note that this is the ftp server running, so if you want to have a look at
the code, but you can't seem to download it properly, please feel free to
email me and I'll send you a zipped version personally.

Version 0.2 currently supports:
 - USER    (also anonymous login)
 - PASS
 - RETR    (retrieve files)
 - STOR    (store files)
 - CWD
 - PWD
 - LIST
 - NLST
 - QUIT
 - PORT
 - NOOP
 - SYST
 - CDUP
 - ABOR

Version 0.2 does not (yet) support:
 - PASV
 - REIN    (Reinitialize)
 - REST    (Restarting of partly transferred files)
 - DELE    (Delete)
 - RNFR    (Renaming)
 - RNTO    (Renaming)
 - RMD    (Deleting of dirs)
 - MKD    (Making of dirs)
 - HELP
 - APPE    (Append)
 - other types than bin and ascii
 - other structure than File
 - other mode than Stream

Besides that, there are also a few other FTP commands that aren't supported,
but I'm not yet sure if I indeed want those.  So I'll first try to add the
things mentioned above and if I ever finish that, I'll see into the still
missing commands at that time.

So, feel free to have a look at the code and try it out.  All comments,
bugs, flames, ideas etc. are welcome and will be read and responded to
(T.Blommerde at et.tudelft.nl).

Thanks for your attention and have fun,
Tim
aka Arvhatté, Sage of Dragg'ba