[DGD]mappings, use of.

The MUD Thingie mud at hal9000.net.au
Thu Apr 15 18:54:24 CEST 1999

> Check the savefile.  Maybe restore_object() succeeds, but the variables
> are 'restored' to nil.  I prefer the following:
I found the problem.  For some reason restore_object() returns 1 when
there is no savefile for it to refer to.  ie. it seems to pretend it found
the variables.  If I detected whether the file existed or not before using
restore_object() to load the variables it worked.
BTW Im using 1.1.59 DGD.  However Im writing this from memory,
so I may be wrong :)  But Im pretty sure the above is what I noticed
before I fixed it.

>   restore_object(SOCIAL_FILE);
>   if (!socials_wt)  socials_wt = ([ "smile" : "$N $vsmile." ]);
>   if (!socials_wot) socials_wot = ([ "smile" : "$N $vsmile at $T." ]);
>   if (!adverbs)     adverbs = ({ "happily" });
Ill give this a whirl.  Its a bit neater than my solution to the above
problem.