[DGD]Reset systems.

The MUD Thingie mud at hal9000.net.au
Thu Apr 15 20:38:47 CEST 1999

Hi - sorry, hope Im not bothering people by asking these
questions.
I just asked a friend of mine about this, but I think Ill ask here too as
hes
mostly used to MudOS and not DGD.
Ive been able to figure out most things with regard to LPC muds,
except I cant work out how to add a reset system.  That is
having items in rooms, rooms and NPCs regenerated every so often.
Other than doing a partial DIKu (which is my background) and keeping
a list of all objects, all rooms, all NPCs etc. (which would be ugly, memory
and time consuming), or having a heart_beat() kind of setup...
You dont have to write any code for me - just give me a vague idea so I
can have at lesat some small chance of working this out :P
Apparently MudOS has a function called reset() that can be used.
Thanks for your time and suggestions.