[DGD] Sparce Matrix

Kevin Carpenter kevinc at kplace.monrou.com
Tue Apr 27 02:29:33 CEST 1999

Ludger -

What I'm looking to do is have nested sparse matrixes to store
the 3D coordinates of every object viewable at a given level in
the inheritance tree.

For instance, if I defined a "world" root node object, it would
contain a object pointer to the object, if it existed, whose lower
left-hand corner was at location X,Y,Z.  That pointed to object
would contain dimensional information to define its size.  Using
this, for instance, I could ensure that a town or dungeon is
completely mapable on paper, or could accurate represent room locations
in a split level home.  Each container object would also contain
such a matrix to reference items stored in the container.

Does that help?

Kevin C.

balduin at uni-paderborn.de write:

--