[DGD]serialisation/deserialisation of mixed data.

Jason Cone jcone at usabilitysciences.com
Thu Apr 29 15:34:31 CEST 1999

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why documents, bitmaps, and
other served entities need be an actual objects.  To me, that would
significantly slow down the serving process as the object would need to be
converted to the protocol's expected stream.  Am I missing something?  I
agree, though, if you were expecting to max out your object count, an SQL
solution might be called for.  Could you explain your motivation for using
objects to encapsulate everything?

--
  Jason Cone
  Sr. Software Developer