[DGD]Precompile Interface

balduin at uni-paderborn.de balduin at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Aug 9 17:39:35 CEST 1999

Hi !

Mostly for performance reasons, i want to implement some functions
in C instead of lpc. But I don't want to have them as kfun's in
the driver, instead i'd like to inherit them like i do with my
lpc stuff. When looking at the C sources of the dgd precompiler, i
noticed the similarity of this code with the code of kfuns. All what
is addded seems to be a TAG and some statistics and tables like
"funcdefs","funcalls" and "symbols".

Here are my questions now:
- Is there a way to provide theese tables to successfully fake a C
  file for use with the precompiled interface ? If yes, how can I
  do that ?
- How can I prohibit destruction of such "faked" precompiled files.
  Since I don't want to provide an lpc source, I can't allow update
  or upgrade to new versions of such code. (Of cource i can always
  provide a list of theese files and check on library level, but is
  there an alternative solution?)

Ludger
(balduin at uni-paderborn.de)

p.s. Is there a totally different way to create C files which can
be inherited from lpc ?