[DGD]varargs function qualifier and default function arguments

Lorrimar lorrimar at treko.net.au
Fri Dec 24 18:00:46 CET 1999

I've been playing around a little with DGD and noticed that whilst I can
declare a function like this:

varargs int my_function(int a, float b, string c);

to have optional arguments a, b and c, I cannot declare my function like
this:

int my_function(int a, float b, string c = "");

so that the argument c is only optional and will default to "" if not given.

I know it's fairly easy to use varargs and emulate the default argument way
of declaring a function but I was wondering if there is any way to get the
second method to work.

Any ideas? Am I doing something horribly, disgustingly, unspeakably wrong?

/Rodney