[DGD]ed shutdown?

Adam Levenstein che at worker.com
Sun Jan 10 20:25:03 CET 1999

At 05:02 PM 1/10/99 +0100, Felix A. Croes wrote:
>Adam Levenstein <che at worker.com> wrote:
>
>No, that is not all it says.  In the DGD window, there is also a
>message, "Fatal error: cannot create editor tmpfile <foo>", indicating
>that the temporary file <foo> cannot be created because a directory in
>the path is non-existant.

<snip>

>> The config file's just fine...I double and triple-checked, just to be sure.
>> Like I said, the mud worked fine until the other day.
>
>Read Erwin's advice again, and then check it once more.

Look, everything in the config file is just FINE...I checked it about 20
times.
The tmp directory exists.

Here's the line:

ed_tmpfile	= "/dgd/tmp/ed";

The base directory is e:\mud\2.4.5, and e:\mud\2.4.5\dgd\tmp\ exists.

Like I said before, which you apparently think I made up, this file has not
been changed since I got it to work the first time.

>Adam, will you please start thinking before mailing?

Thank you, very polite. Can you help me, or not?

Adam