[DGD]ed shutdown?

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Sun Jan 10 16:41:22 CET 1999

Adam Levenstein <che at worker.com> wrote:

> Look, everything in the config file is just FINE...I checked it about 20
> times.
> The tmp directory exists.
>
> Here's the line:
>
> ed_tmpfile	= "/dgd/tmp/ed";
                   ^

What is this character, and what does it mean at the start of a
filename?

> The base directory is e:\mud\2.4.5, and e:\mud\2.4.5\dgd\tmp\ exists.
>
> Like I said before, which you apparently think I made up, this file has not
> been changed since I got it to work the first time.

I don't think you made it up -- I just think that you have forgotten
that you did not use the ed command before.  Either that, or the
directory e:\dgd\tmp did previously exist.

> >Adam, will you please start thinking before mailing?
>
> Thank you, very polite. Can you help me, or not?

Do you consider your own response to Erwin Harte to be polite --
considering that he was trying to help, and correct in everything
he suggested?