[DGD]Melville Mudlib

MUD Account mud at hal9000.hal9000.net.au
Mon Jul 19 18:23:49 CEST 1999

> Bug 1:  As soon as I started up the mud, I immediately began redoing the
> short and long description of the starting room.  I changed these in the code
> using change mode of the editor, pressed the 'x' character to save and exit
> the editor, then updated /world/start.   When I looked, expecting to see my
> new long description, nothing had changed.  Is this a bug or or am I simply
> not doing it right?
Im not sure whether its only been broken cause of changes to the DGD driver
since the last Melville release, but I had to change the update command
to get it to work properly.  If you need any help with that - email me
at mud at hal9000.net.au

> Bug 2:  When my long description took out more than one line, I received
> errors saying that there was no closing quote.  For instance, if I opened my
> quotes on the first-line and ended my quotes on the last line, it would
> report that the first-line had no closing quotes and would not compile.
> Again, am I doing something wrong?
Yup.. If you want your room description to span more than one line
physically, you need to do something like:
long_desc="This is my rooms long description" +
          ", which covers more than one line as you can see.";

> Bug 3:  The last bug that I have encountered is my inability to define more
> than one administrator in /include/admin.h.  If I define more than one, it
> says that I have redefined, which is totally understandable.  Anyway, how do
> I go about defining more than one administrator?
Erm one word - Mappings.  Again if you need any help and arent getting
any help, email me.  Im working on a Melville based mudlib too - although
Im rewriting most of it - its a very good learners mudlib, but not what
you would use to do advanced stuff like the one that comes with the Driver.

|- mud at hal9000.net.au -|oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo...............