[DGD]Melville Mudlib

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Tue Jul 20 04:45:29 CEST 1999

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 Jman77777 at aol.com wrote:
> Recently, I have been getting involved with LPMuds in general, and especially
> DGD which I like the most.  I have experimented with various mudlib's,
> deciding that I like Melville the best due to its simplicity and availability
> to use commercially with approval.  I tried to email the author (MobyDick),
> but his email address is no longer valid.  Does anyone have his current email
> address?

I've addressed other things (sort of) privately, but for the
public's information, schmidsj at union.edu is now correct for me,
and I do read this list.

One question for the general list:
> Bug 1:  As soon as I started up the mud, I immediately began redoing the
> short and long description of the starting room.  I changed these in the code
> using change mode of the editor, pressed the 'x' character to save and exit
> the editor, then updated /world/start.   When I looked, expecting to see my
> new long description, nothing had changed.  Is this a bug or or am I simply
> not doing it right?

The last version of Melville is, I believe, about a year old. Has
something changed in the driver that would cause this problem on
an old mudlib?

Stephen Schmidt

It is vain to expect a well-balanced government without a
well-balanced society.
			-- Gideon Welles