[DGD]upgrading kernel library

Geir Harald Hansen geirhans at ifi.uio.no
Mon Jun 21 15:56:41 CEST 1999

Hi all,

I'm using the kernel library and have some questions.

I'm wondering how to upgrade to a new kernel?  I mean, how should I handle
upgrading the new auto object?  I destruct it and compile it, then what?
Do I have to destruct every inheritable in the system and recompile
every non-inheritable?

I'm thinking I should automate this process, with a single command in
the wiztool.  Is it okay to use rlimits there to get unlimited ticks?
(Or is rlimits completely outlawed with the kernel lib?)

Anyone who have implemented an object daemon for the kernel lib have any
advice?  Here is the data I store in mine:

  /* all 3 mappings contain only string elements, no object values. */
  mapping inherited_by;    /* inheritable : ({ ({ inheritable inheritors }),
                                               ({ other inheritors }) }) */
  mapping inherits_from;   /* master object : ({ inherited objects }) */
  mapping libs_owned;      /* resource owner : ({ owned inheritables }) */

I do not care about master IDs here.  Should I?

-- Geir Harald Hansen, geirhans at ifi.uio.no