[DGD]Max number of connections per port

Marc Spoorendonk marc at freud.et.tudelft.nl
Thu Jun 24 16:45:14 CEST 1999

On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Michael Bergbauer wrote:

> On 23-Jun-99 Marc Spoorendonk wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the maximum number of connections that can be opened through one
> > port in C? And in LPC (DGD)? I thought that there was a max of 254 open
> > filedescriptors?
> >
> > Oh, we are (of course) talking LINUX here.
>
> We once tested it with a simple loop containing a call to connect, and there
> were no more then 80 or 85 connections with that method, not even reaching the
> (configured) limit of 100, the mud is hosted on a linux box, and the testing
> system was a sun.

Hmm, intresting, and what do you think was the reason that you couldn't
reach the limit? To many open filedescriptors or did it crash or what
happened?

And what is the maximum limit that you can (theoretically) configure?

Marc

> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Bergbauer <michael.bergbauer at gmx.net>
> Use your idle CPU cycles.
> See http://www.distributed.net and win $ 1 000.

Marc Spoorendonk
Department of Electrical Engineering
Delft University of Technology

Phone (Roosendaal)	: 0165-549343
Phone (Delft)		: 015-2560603
e-mail			: Marc at freud.et.tudelft.nl
mud			: telnet://freud.et.tudelft.nl:8888
URL			: http://freud.et.tudelft.nl/~marc/index.html