[DGD]Max number of connections per port

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Thu Jun 24 18:49:26 CEST 1999

"Christopher Allen" <ChristopherA at AlacrityVentures.com> wrote in
an off-list email:

> Felix A. Croes <felix at dworkin.nl>
> > The limit is 255 simultaneous connections.  I may increase this to
> > 65535 before I release version 1.2.  Acuity/ichat's version of DGD
> > already has a maximum of 65535.
>
> Acuity/iChat & Skotos versions already have a maximum of 65535 ;-)

Skotos expands upon the Acuity/ichat version, which additionally has
the networking package functionality builtin (different code but
almost identical API), more than 255 connections, ability to execute
programs on the host and... escape characters in send_message() output.

I do not presume to know all the specific Skotos enhancements :)