[DGD]Some questions.

Geir Harald Hansen geirhans at ifi.uio.no
Tue Mar 9 03:15:52 CET 1999

Hi,

lately I'm planning on writing a mudlib. Which I would base on DGD and its
kernel library. DGD is what I know, but people seem to recommend MudOS.
Some even say DGD is outdated.
Anyone who knows both systems who can tell me how they compare?
What's the status on closures and functions objects. Not wanted in DGD?

Another thing, is there any chance you'll be supporting the alarms package
in the kernel library, like you do the networking package, Dworkin?
As the kernel lib is updated, it gets increasingly difficult to patch
in the alarms support that comes with the package.

I wanted to have better timer resolution than whole seconds mostly for
delaying movement in the MUD for different races and ways of moving.
Comments or suggestions how else to do it, are also welcome.

P.S. Sorry if this does not fit the purpose of this mailinglist. I have
     recently joined it and could not get the list archive to work for me.

-- Geir Harald Hansen, geirhans at ifi.uio.no