[DGD]Need tips with LPC function Im writing.

MUD Account mud at hal9000.hal9000.net.au
Mon Mar 22 07:04:37 CET 1999

Hi - I need some help with a function Im writing for
the mud Im working on based upon Melville.
My background is mostly C, so Im at a bit of a loss
as to how to do this in LPC.  Well I could do it, but
it would be VERY messy and probably not very fast.
Im basically looking for some tips on how to write
a find_replace(string str, string find, string replace_with)
type of function.  ie. since you dont have strstr() and similar,
whats the quickest way to find a string inside of a string?
Thanks,
Jazz

|- mud at hal9000.net.au -|oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo...............