[DGD]callout order

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Wed Nov 3 05:30:16 CET 1999

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Felix A. Croes wrote:
> I am considering removing some guarantees on callout order as they
> exist now: at present the order in which short-term callouts (integer
> delay <= 127 seconds, including 0) are executed, when the delay
> has passed, is the order in which they were created.  I'd like
> to remove that guarantee...

Does the callout store, in millisecond accuracy, the time of
the callout? If so, is it possible for the mudlib programmer
to code this into the kernal with appropriate overrides? If so,
then I can't see much objection to removing the guarantee from
the driver.

Even if not, though, this isn't a problem for anything I
have in mind. And even if it was, speed is worth a lot,
not that I have a multiple processor system mind you :)

Stephen Schmidt

It is vain to expect a well-balanced government without a
well-balanced society.
			-- Gideon Welles