[DGD]Re:Rooms with views

Serhat Sakarya serhat at freud.et.tudelft.nl
Wed Nov 3 10:43:57 CET 1999

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Neil McBride wrote:
> John West McKenna wrote:

[snip]

> To achieve this would take some sort journaling system to record where a
> character has been, and what they saw there.  Then some sort of method
> to cross-reference these journal entries with what they see when
> something new appears so the description can then be based on the
> characters prior experiences.

Hhm.. to which extent could this be accomplished with 'toggles'? I could
imagine some (run-length encoded?) compressed bitstream or whatever to
accomplish this.

I guess the majority of things you need to keep track of only require 1
bit. Exceptions can be handled individually (with "properties" or
whatever).

Regards,

Serhat Sakarya