[DGD]File system bug

Jason Cone jcone at usabilitysciences.com
Tue Sep 7 05:11:14 CEST 1999

Greets.

This report is a bit more signifcant than the earlier syntactical nitpick. :)
As a disclaimer, the OS that this is encountered on is Windows 2000 Professional
Build 2099, so it could be easily argued that DGD shouldn't be supported on it
thereby negating any of this. ;)  But because Win2K is my primary development
platform and because I haven't encountered behavior like this before, I'm
inclinded to think that DGD and Win2K aren't getting along.  As statement of
fact, I could not recreate this on Linux.

Anyway, if I create a directory (within the MUD using commands or
programmatically using the make_dir() kfun) and then remove it (again, within
the MUD using commands or programmatically using the remove_dir() kfun), life is
good.  Alternatively, after creating said directory, I create a file within that
directory and then delete it (all from with the MUD, using ed() and
remove_file()).  I then to proceed to attempt to remove the directory that
contained the file and life is suddenly bad.  remove_dir() returns 0 which I can
only assume that a file handle is still being referenced somewhere by something.

I have yet to get into the DGD source and see if I can locate something that
might be causing this, but I plan on doing so here shortly.  Anyway, if anyone
else has encountered this, I would greatly appreciate the corroboration and
possible theories as to why this might be happening.

Thanks,

Jason