[DGD]DGD development plan

Felix A. Croes felix at dworkin.nl
Mon Apr 3 16:53:53 CEST 2000

At the moment, I am working on "object undo" for atomic functions:
undoing object compilation/cloning/destruction in the case of an
error.  However, this closely ties in with multi-processor support,
so effectively I have already started on that, too.

I plan to do the following in the next few releases (no timeframe yet):

 - object undo + socket output undo for atomic functions, which will
   complete the atomic function feature
 - DGD runtime extension interface + documentation
 - MP support, initially for Windows NT, BeOS and Solaris only.  Later
   also Linux and other systems

This is likely going to affect stability.  1.1.88 has so far appeared
stable, though it hasn't seen a large amount of testing yet.  A
previous version, 1.1.75, has a known crashing bug in ipname lookup.
However, it has no other important bugs, so 1.1.75 might be an
interesting target for the next release of the networking package,
which replaces the name lookup code.