[DGD]Patches

Jason Cone jcone at uscdev.com
Wed Apr 12 15:25:49 CEST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Par Winzell" <zell at skotos.net>

> James Bearden writes:
>  > Any idea as to what the difference is between the two different peices
of
>  > code in comm.c's patch?
>  >
>  [snip]
>
> It means you should look at the original source, note that it looks
> just like the first line with the !, and then replace it with the
> second line with an !, minus the actual !
>
> In other words, where + is add, ! is change. I shall leave it as an
> exercise to the reader to figure out what - stands for.

Actually, he's talking about those 2 lines that are both different, yet
unmarked as such by diff.  Specifically, the differences between '*q++ =
LF;' and '*q++ = CR;'.  They're different, but there's no ! marker.

Anyway, it's funny that you point it out -- I've never noticed that before.
Looking at my ansi-patched source, though, there are even more differences
surrounding the context of that change.  I wouldn't worry about it too much,
though.  I've generally had to apply the ansi patch by hand every time and
have only changed the one line (in comm[.net].c, that is) to recoginze the
ESC character.

So, yeah, net/net -- just add that little '&&' clause in the 'if' statement
to handle the ESC character as well as the definition of said character in
host.h.

JC