[DGD]Patches

James Bearden bearden_james at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 12 17:59:04 CEST 2000

I got it, thanks dude. Its no surprise that i'm not a big programmer, I
understand the basics and I know enough linux to survive. I'm a mechanics
designer, combat, economy etc. Once the driver/patches and lib (melville I
guess) installed we're going to undertake the rest of the project, which
includes an ASCII based Wilderness system, resource system, dynamic mining
system, dynamic player run guild system (players name, pick 3 tag skills
etc), classless training system (guilds only enhance training, wandering
sages, and the ability to learn from other players), and a dynamic player
city creation system (Gov type, imperialism, etc, ministries), *pant*
complete with ascII 'wall and building' such as doors, walls, gates etc
which will be destroyable/rebuildable.
Trying to achieve a mass warfare type of game, with strong RP and good game
mechanics which has something for everyone to enjoy from the limb/skill
based/crit based combat system with intergrated abilities to the craftsman
system (all objects are created by players and customizeable) and economic
system. I've designed a new way to control Mob population, they no longer
rely on their rooms, and the population never dips, it shifts and simulates
birth. I'm going to attemp to make the world 3d, as in an x, y, z,
coordinates so that a player may build multiple floor structures, as well as
intergrate it into the mining system (complete with cave ins and timbers to
hold up the shaft room type)
So, what i'm getting at is I have a few programmers interested, plenty of
space and bandwidth, but none of them are too familiar with DGD, they are
more inclined to MudOS. I'm looking for someone who might like to do this
type of project with me, maintain the driver so to speak and help program 5
years of planning.