[DGD]Hello, think you could answer a few questiosn for me? :)

Par Winzell zell at skotos.net
Mon Apr 24 06:35:04 CEST 2000

Stephen Schmidt writes:
 > On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, John West McKenna wrote:
 > > DGD doesn't have snoop() or shadow().  As far as I can see, these are
 > > nothing but security holes.  Does anyone know what they're actually good
 > > for?
 >
 > [snipped reasons why snoop is important]
 >
 > Of course, it's not impossible to add a snoop() feature to
 > your DGD mudlib of choice, though I don't know of any that
 > come with it unless 2.4.5 does.

I don't understand how anybody who understands DGD could possibly suggest
snoop() ought to be a kfun. It should be implemented in different ways by
any person who decides to write a mudlib.  If no current mudlib does so,
that is probably because in practice, there are none.

Lord! It's just a single object link from one user object to another!

Pär