[DGD]hmm.... dont seem like this got through.

Stephen Schmidt schmidsj at union.edu
Wed Apr 26 05:06:20 CEST 2000

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 BladeDarkmour at aol.com wrote:
> Ok, I'm trying to set it up so that I can type "say `ryadda yadda" and that
> would output, assuming the recipient is capable of ansi colors, yadda yadda
> in dark red.

I realize the question has become moot, but I'd still like to
know, if anyone knows, why the original failed. Is it because
LPC as implemented by DGD is reserving the ` character for a
char marker of some kind? Or something like that? I realize
that it's a reverse apostrophe, not a forward one or a single
quote, but I'm still wondering if that character has special
meaning to the LPC parser.

Stephen Schmidt

It is vain to expect a well-balanced government without a
well-balanced society.
			-- Gideon Welles