[DGD]ANSI on the Melville mudlib

E. Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 21 00:31:11 CEST 2000

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, Imo Wright wrote:

> Hi to fellow DGD users.
> I was wondering if anyone out there had any information on programming/using
> ANSI color on the Melville mudlib, and how it might be achieved.  If the lib
> already has ANSI, then it's my bad, but if it doesn't, I have a feeling it
> might need some code I don't quite grasp yet to get it working :).

If this is asked here one more time I'm going to kick someone.  Can ANSI
colours just roll over and die, please?  I mean, if that's the most
adventurous, inventive change you're planning for your mud, geez, give me
a break and find a new hobby. *grumble*

The only prefab solution I can think of is this one:

  ftp://ftp.imaginary.com/pub/LPC/servers/DGD/pkg/ansi-1.1.tar.gz

No idea if it's still appropriate for current stable versions or the
experimental branch, though, you're on your own there.

If that fails, go find what ANSI colours mean (a headache from looking at
them for me, usually, because people tend to pick colours that completely
clash with my preferred foreground and background settings), and realize
that the only thing that you need to change in DGD is the filtering out of
control-characters, the rest can all be done in LPC.  Shouldn't be too
hard to figure out how to do that, if you have even the slightest bit of C
knowledge.

Good luck.

HTH HAND,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte  -  Forever September, 2546 and counting  -  harte at xs4all.nl
[ 10:20pm  up 12 days,  2:53,  8 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.06 ]