[DGD]get ini-settings from the driver?

Erwin Harte harte at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 8 16:23:32 CET 2000

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 04:18:15PM +0100, birgit.schulte at philips.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I think this might have been asked before, but anyways:
> How about enabling to get some settings from the ini-file used at startup from DGD?
> Those could be included in the limits.h. Nice settings to have would be imho
> maximum array_size, number of users (and maybe of editors), objects and call_outs.
>
> Any chance to get that, or what would be arguments against it?

Check out status(), and /include/status.h (or wherever you have it
generated) which gives you:

[...]
# define ST_OTABSIZE    13      /* object table size */
[...[]
# define ST_COTABSIZE   15      /* callouts table size */
[...]
# define ST_UTABSIZE    18      /* user table size */
# define ST_ETABSIZE    19      /* editor table size */
# define ST_STRSIZE     20      /* max string size */
# define ST_ARRAYSIZE   21      /* max array/mapping size */
[...]

The reason that these can be found here and not in a generated include
file is that while an object may be compiled at one point, the mud may
have restarted with a different DGD config file, which may among other
things redefine the limitations that are listed here.  So you need to
get them dynamically.

Hope that helps,

Erwin.
--
Erwin Harte         :    `Don't mind Erwin, he gets crabby. :)'
harte at xs4all.nl     :       -- Par Winzell <zell at skotos.net>