[DGD]removing elements from mappings

Boris J fuzzy at turbosport.com
Thu Dec 14 23:35:25 CET 2000

Hello !

I wondering what is the proper way of removing elements (indices/values) from
a mapping in DGD ?

Shouldn't this work:

    foo_mapping -= bar_indices;

which would remove 'bar_indices' indice and it's value from the 'foo_mapping'
mapping ?

I discovered also that setting value of an indice to 'nil', e.g.

    foo_mapping[bar_indices] = nil;

makes the 'bar_indices' entry to disappear from the mapping. Does this mean
that it's impossible to store nil values in DGD mappings, or is it a
configurable option ? ( Like changing 'typechecking' in driver config file or
something... )

t.i.a.
Boris J

******
Free web-based/POP3 mail from turbosport.com, turbomail.tv, mailplanet.net, and webmailcity.com
******
To report SPAM mail please send an e-mail to spam at turbosport.com.